Silver Hope Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who and how we recruit ?

+27
woll0p
GameOfDronez
w7g45
Deskid
KeepDream1n
Jonnerz
N1njaNick
TT SCHUNDER
JackA7X
Snej
Brokergod
Firelius
Daffie
wijnsma
Cast
Aszhune
derpityderp1
xYukata
murchy
maguster
Zell
ThatOnePikachu
SoulReaver19
Skerdzius
wayrider
Chaaappy
DarthAl
31 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Who and how we recruit ? Empty Who and how we recruit ?

Post by DarthAl 17th October 2013, 13:17

We look for players who respect the following criteria :

- You are a mature person and able to see your own mistakes,
- You think that you deserve to be in a higher league than you are (with real arguments),
- Being in Bronze II, Bronze I, Silver II or Silver I (at the application date),
- You can accept rude criticism and take care of advises,
- You got a good analysing skills,
- You are communicative, own a mic and got Team-Speak installed,
- You must have correct stats to prove your skills (Correct K/D/A, correct farm etc..).

If you feel really to have some nice potential skills in League of Legends and deserve to go high in the leagues, you can apply by fitting-up the following form (useless to add in-game, you will always need to make your own thread in this forum before being accepted for a tryout) :

1- Your nickname in-game.
2- What is your gaming experience ?
3- Why are you only in Bronze/Silver and not higher ?
4- What is your goal for season 4 on League of Legends ?
5- Do you have Team-Speak installed ?
6- What is your main position / champions and why ?
7- What are your main weakness ?
8- More words about you ?

If you respect the requirements, I will add you in-game. If I'm not sure about your mindset, I would probably ask you more questions in-game Smile Then, you will become for me an official applicant.

/!\ I don't forget anyone and I read ALL the applications !!! So if you're once an applicant, you will still stay an applicant and I will invite you to all the official tryouts until I tell you that you do not match with requirements or if you're recruited into Tier 4.

The Tryouts are a game (custom or normal 5v5, draft, depending of the applicants' number). I do not need to see particular skills, I would more see how you react to calls, how you communicate on TS and how you are able to analyse the game and team-play mechanics.
But, of course, if I don't see any particular potential from you, I won't accept you for the project. I judge the potential between your LoL experience, your mindset and your skills.
F.E. : If you got medium skills, but you play for 3 years and you don't listen to advises because you think to be very skilled, that would mean you don't have potential.
If you have medium skills, but you play only for 6 months and you 100% listen to the advises, then you have potential.

After the game we do a debriefing. Some applicants will join Tier 4, some others stay applicants and will be invited in next tryouts. And some other applicants just don't match with the requirements.

Remember that Silver Hope Project aim a competitive level for the future. So we can not recruit all the normal average players just because they want to learn...

Last edited by DarthAl on 24th October 2013, 12:27; edited 1 time in total
DarthAl
DarthAl
Admin

http://silverhopeproject.topiceo.com

Back to top Go down

Who and how we recruit ? Empty Re: Who and how we recruit ?

Post by Chaaappy 23rd October 2013, 22:31

1- Your nickname in-game. Chaaappy
2- What is your gaming experience ? I have been gaming for almost 6 years mainly console, swapped to computer 2 years ago.
3- Why are you only in Bronze/Silver and not higher ? I feel there are many points but I seem that I just cant carry silver players, I win lane 90% of the time as my team either wins/loses theres, I try to roam and help but I just cant (not blaming teammates) I dont know why.
4- What is your goal for season 4 on League of Legends ? To get to gold.
5- Do you have Team-Speak installed ? Yes.
6- What is your main position / champions and why ? Top/Marksman - Riven, Renekton, Corki, Ezreal, Graves as these champions are extremely good laners and when mastered are really strong, its just trying to master them.
7- What are your main weakness ? Teamfighting, as sometimes I think, do I go for their marksman or peel for ours? I usually make the wrong choice. Also knowing my limits, sometimes i overkill sometimes I miscalculate damage and end up dieing because of it. EDIT: Also just inconsistency as a player.
8- More words about you ? I play a lot of sport (healthy body healthy mind) I go to the gym 3 times a week and train twice a week with a game on Saturday, rugby that is. This may seem time consuming but i still have time to play league. I am 16 and been playing league about 1 year and a half.

Chaaappy

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthAl 24th October 2013, 10:10

Chaaappy don't worry, I saw your application on the original thread Wink You just wasn't connected for official tryout.

BTW welcome to Tier 4 Wink
DarthAl
DarthAl
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wayrider 24th October 2013, 11:40

1- Your nickname in-game. GG YoloQ Alex ( not a alex ich fanboy)
2- What is your gaming experience ? 10 years, but only recently started league, i used to play World of Warcraft , Warcraft 3 and so on.
3- Why are you only in Bronze/Silver and not higher ? Currently in bronze 2 because i tend to DuoQ with friends most of the time and they are not online alot. That however does not mean that i don't tend to do mistakes, i accept that i'm not the best but i improve with each game.
4- What is your goal for season 4 on League of Legends ? Alot of ranked, alot of fun while doing ranked.And possibly Plat ( diamond would be abit of exageration at first )
5- Do you have Team-Speak installed ? Yes i have teamspeak installed.
6- What is your main position / champions and why ? Main possition is ADC ( or marksman what riot calls adc) i preffer to play most of the times either Ashe/Corki and Jinx. The reason i play those champions differ. With ashe i like to play a passive laning phase with all ins at the right moment and secure kills . With Corki and Jinx however i tend to trade alot more and go for all ins most of the time , without losing CS and XP.
7- What are your main weakness ? My main weakness i think is my greed, sometimes i just go abit to deep and get killed xD
8- More words about you ? My match history depends on the days, its either full of wins with 20+ more kills on adc and about 2 deaths and sometimes its 1-6-9 . I suggest a game with me would tell if i'm good or bad for your project.

Anyways, hope for a fast reply and maybe see you ingame. I just wanted to try my luck, you never know you might get it or you wont Very Happy

wayrider

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthAl 24th October 2013, 12:11

Yo wayrider,

I will add you in game for the next official tryout Smile
DarthAl
DarthAl
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Skerdzius 24th October 2013, 17:05

Skerdzius
been gaming since 1998-99, played a lot of counter-strike, been raiding heroic in wow untill mop
still feel a bit new at the game, got a smallish champ pool
gold at least
yes
played tristana untill about silver 2-3 when i started losing lane too much. Planning on picking trist up after i get lifesteal runepage. Now i mostly play sona, cait, jungle nasus and leona. Also go akali sometimes if i can counterpick. Main position overall would be bot lane, but i would like to learn how to play mid in silver 1.
Small champion pool and unfamiliar with some matchups in lane, also making correct decisions in hectic teamfights.
I am 23 years old, studying information technology. Currently i'm either gaming or studying. I tend not to play too much games during the day because i want to be 100% focused for each. I take breaks, and if i lose hard I stop playing for that day.

Skerdzius

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthAl 24th October 2013, 18:38

Skerdzius you're lvl 10 ??
DarthAl
DarthAl
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Skerdzius 25th October 2013, 01:10

Sorry typo, its Skerdziuz, that one was taken.

Skerdzius

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthAl 25th October 2013, 06:39

Oh all right Smile I will add you in-game probably monday.
DarthAl
DarthAl
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulReaver19 25th October 2013, 10:27

1- Your nickname in-game:
SoulReaver19
2- What is your gaming experience:
I've been gaming for a long time, mostly (J)RPG's and MMORPG's, LoL is my first moba.
3- Why are you only in Bronze/Silver and not higher:
I play mostly jungle, so laning is not a problem. I just do poorly in teamfights
4- What is your goal for season 4 on League of Legends:
Getting as high as possible
5- Do you have Team-Speak installed:
Yes
6- What is your main position / champions and why:
Jungle with Vi or Hecarim. I've played those champion for a very long time, so I play best with those
7- What are your main weakness:
Sometimes poor decision making, although I have improved on it quite a bit.
- More words about you: I'm willing to do my best to improve, and I do not mind criticism.

SoulReaver19

Back to top Go down

Post by ThatOnePikachu 25th October 2013, 10:31

SoulReaver19 wrote:
Jungle with Vi or Hecarim. I've played those champion for a very long time, so I play best with those
I main Vi aswell and I do my job well in teamfights. If you want, you should try and do a game with me and play Vi, then I can watch and maybe give some tips and feedback Smile
ThatOnePikachu
ThatOnePikachu

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthAl 25th October 2013, 10:36

SoulReaver19, I'll add you in-game monday as well Wink
DarthAl
DarthAl
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulReaver19 25th October 2013, 11:25

ThatOnePikachu wrote:
SoulReaver19 wrote:
I main Vi aswell and I do my job well in teamfights. If you want, you should try and do a game with me and play Vi, then I can watch and maybe give some tips and feedback Smile
Sure, I'll come online in a few hours

@Darth

Alright Smile 

SoulReaver19

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell 29th October 2013, 21:50

1- Your nickname in-game? Zellight

2- What is your gaming experience ? I've played RPGS and MMO in the past. League of Legends is the first MOBA genre game that I have played.

3- Why are you only in Bronze/Silver and not higher? Mainly due to two main points, firstly never in the past settled down for awhile to play the game continuously meaning that I will be out of practice and times thus drop down. Secondly I feel that I am sub-par in certain positions such as AD carry or Mid and that I don't get the role that I want then I am more reliant on my team then usual.

4- What is your goal for season 4 on League of Legends ? To be in a active Ranked team that is climbing the ladder and participates in online tournaments such as GO4LoL etc.

5- Do you have Team-Speak installed ? Yes.

6- What is your main position / champions and why ? My main position is jungler as it that I am most fond of. My main champions are Lee Sin, Vi and Jarvan due to how aggressive you can be early on with them and that they can excel well in team-fights if played correctly.

7- What are your main weakness? I'd say my main weakness is csing when playing in lane and at times being over-aggressive.

8- More words about you ? I value communication a lot as such I communicate quite a lot of information within the game revolving around objections and positioning of the enemy etc. Not excluding outside the game regarding compositions and whenever our team has enough of a certain aspect such as CC, Damage, Engage, Disengage etc.

Zell

Back to top Go down

Post by maguster 29th October 2013, 22:53

1- Your nickname in-game. maguster
2- What is your gaming experience ? been here from S1
3- Why are you only in Bronze/Silver and not higher ? im not good in seeing when to engage when not and am bad with map awarness
4- What is your goal for season 4 on League of Legends ? becoming diamond
5- Do you have Team-Speak installed ? yes
6- What is your main position / champions and why ? top or jung and i mainly play very tanky guys or guys with dashes and such my fav are vi , lucian and nasus
7- What are your main weakness ? if i get behind i stay far behind
8- More words about you ? i love playing in team and really want to meet new people here Very Happy

maguster

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthAl 30th October 2013, 07:33

Zellight I will add you in-game this evening Smile

maguster, if you're here since season 1, why are you so bad with map awarness ? And why your deaths average is so high ?
DarthAl
DarthAl
Admin

Back to top Go down

Who and how we recruit ? Empty Craig Murch lol Application

Post by murchy 30th October 2013, 11:11

1- Your nickname in-game. murchy

Currently i only play lol and have been for past few months - im new to MOBA

I played enemy territory competitively for a few years when I was younger(its a fps) - never been to a lan, my best finish with a team was second place in a global winter cup

Have played starcraft 2,tf2 and many others but more for fun,

I do feel my skill is higher than that I play with (as many do) however I understand my play style is very much passive until I see a real opening to go all in, this means that those games where the opposition laner doesn't really know his champs I miss out on opportunities too kill (because i wont know there skill is bad), i dont like just having 2 people go all in at one another in the hope one wins

however as I climb the elo i believe this method to be more suited to a team environment and in higher elo for dueq or soloq (where a kill here or there makes such a big difference)

4- What is your goal for season 4 on League of Legends ? gold 1 minimum
5- Do you have Team-Speak installed ? yes
Can play top,mid or jungle (hate bot lane)

if I know my team is good i play jungle because it allows me to keep good ward coverage in soloqueue (noone ever buys wards its not the supports job guys!), j4 main but jax,nasus, zac, eve, depending on the line ups

mid i my pref position for soloq - ahri or annie I tend to carry these games from the burst dmg

top - I like the split push comps with teleport- zac,shen,renekton that kind of champ that can just push hard and then run away with ward coverage

7- What are your main weakness ? sometimes i go over aggressive when I dont have the ward coverage because I am so use to having the coverage, also I tend to roam as much as i can which means in certain situations there mid is likely to push tower if we go 4 bot for example (even though I have pushed lane to tower), also think that time spent not farmign in lane I should be better to farm wraiths or wolves etc rather than wasting the time standing around doing nothing, sometimes i fail skills, list goes on Smile

I am 20 from uk, and a british hammer thrower (ranked 2 U23), I study computer science at loughborough university and I have a girlfriend Smile

murchy

Back to top Go down

Post by xYukata 30th October 2013, 11:46

1- Your nickname in-game> xYukata

2- What is your gaming experience ? I'm 17 years old and gaming for a long time , I've played alot of shooters such as counterstrike source and many more, I've started LoL in Februari 2013.

- (I main adc)Sometimes wrong expectation of what a support will do and therefor die unnessarry.
- tent to not farm alot in lategame
- Sometimes get caught when carrying and losing the game
I''m currently silver 2 and might even hit gold by the end of this season.

- Reaching atleast plat(hopefully higher)and become a more skilled player.

5- Do you have Team-Speak installed ? Yes

I main adc, vayne, ezreal are my main champs but I can play almost any adc champ.

-Farming in lategame
-Having a hard time if lane lost (not with vayne he is so powerfull lategame)
I'm 17 years old and love to play videogames and enjoy the challange of getting better.
xYukata
xYukata

Back to top Go down

Post by derpityderp1 30th October 2013, 12:19

Derpityderp1
I played games since i was like 12 or younger can't remember. Started this season tho.
Hmm main reason is probably i did not enjoy playing in this toxic place, i have reased from bronze 5 to 2
Pretty fast so i dont believe that there is no way out but main reason is because i do not enjoy it at this moment
Mainly becomming a better player, i am looking forwards to the changes!
Yes i do
My main position is mid and probably always will be but i play every role when i feel like playing it.
My main champs, ezreal/ahri/oriana/lee sin/kassadin
I am a bit of a rager in soloq, other then that i get myself pretty much to easy set up in a trap.
I love to play the game and would really enjoy being a part of a team, feel free to add me if you want! ^^

derpityderp1

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthAl 30th October 2013, 14:14

Derpityderp1, xYukata & murchy, I will add you in-game this evening.
DarthAl
DarthAl
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by derpityderp1 30th October 2013, 14:34

That would be nice!

derpityderp1

Back to top Go down

Post by maguster 30th October 2013, 16:50

DarthAl wrote:Zellight I will add you in-game this evening Smile

maguster, if you're here since season 1, why are you so bad with map awarness ? And why your deaths average is so high ?
because i only started playing intensively at the start of S3 and ranked and i played alot against my friends lately to train but im no match XD

maguster

Back to top Go down

Post by Aszhune 30th October 2013, 23:13

1. Aszhune
2. Been here since Season 1. Got gold in both seasons.
3. Keep getting unlucky with my teams(afk's, dc's, trolls) and my mmr is currently low.
4. Gold as always. Maybe even more if I find out that there are diff rewards.
5. Nope, but it's quick to DL. Got Raidcall, Skype, and stuff.
6. Mid (Viktor, Malz, Zyra) ADC (MF, Cait, used to play Sivir aswell long time ago). Jungle (maybe my best role, got many champs which I excell in jungle with).
7. Probably low tolerance to idiotism in team. Get frustrated about that easily.
8. Cake.

Aszhune

Back to top Go down

Post by Cast 31st October 2013, 00:03

Hmm so many people say they get unlucky with teams with trolls, I think this is the wrong attitude. Hopefully joining Silver Hope will help you change your mindset towards ranked.

Also xYukata I think you have a great application and the right mindset to becoming a better player. Good luck on getting in Silver Hope Smile
Cast
Cast

Back to top Go down

Post by Aszhune 31st October 2013, 00:07

meh, I've been around a lot, and it's obvious the community has gone downstream by a large margin. I don't think my attitude is entirely correct but still, when even the servers themselfs start to lag when you're actually winning a game I think it means the gods themselfs have abandoned me and my quest for gold 3rd time in a row Razz

Aszhune

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum