Silver Hope Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to get out of "Elo Hell" in 6 steps

+3
Raenef
Cast
DarthAl
7 posters

Go down

How to get out of "Elo Hell" in 6 steps Empty How to get out of "Elo Hell" in 6 steps

Post by DarthAl 23rd October 2013, 12:52

Hello !

You want to raise leagues ?? Read that and try to understand each single word :

You need to understand that those advises work on long-term and not on 8 or 9 games... Obviously ONE victory or defeat does not depend ONLY on you. But your ratio in long-term depends ONLY on you.
  Why I'm only Gold IV if I give so beautiful advises ?? Well.. I don't follow my own advises..... I have a lot to learn about some points.

Step 1 : Awareness.
  Regardless what you are thinking, if you stuck in a league, it's your own fault and not "unluck" or any other reason. You need to deserve to raise in leagues and a lot of proplayers have proven that by getting new accounts from Bronze to Diamond easyly.
  This step primary because it is the key between all the other steps ! It is ONLY when you will fully and deeply realize that you are the only one responsible of your league position that you will be able to truely raise.

Step 2 : L2P.
  It is possible that, even if you think you play well, there is a lot of details about which you don't really think/focus when you play. Some details that makes you even  don't deserve Gold !! Well I won't teach you how to play, there is a lot of videos on Youtube about it, but I can list the most important points you should never forget when you play :
- Farming. Gold = Victory, you must understand that is it just MOBA's definition !
- Playing safe, and especially to know when to attack, when to NOT.
- Map-control : get global vision and awareness on the map and on the ennemies' positions.
- Other details like focus on team-fights, runes, masteries, picks, bans...

To say "Yeaaa I know all those things" is not enough. You must really apply all single points all over your games if you really want to raise.

Step 3 : Never give up.
  The Surrender tool is almost useless. Even when you are 99% sure you will lose, it is a very bad idea to surrender. In the worst case, you will just practice how to defend, keep practicing farming, map-control... practice how to try to get out of difficult situations.... Even if you lose. But you never know what will happen. Opponents can be greedy, troll and throw. An opponent can disconnect... Or make an epic mistake. You just never know. And use surrender before the game ends just decreases your chances to win.
  What decreases even more chances to win ?? To get pessimist. Double-kill bot : "omg ok we lost"... If you give up, you will just farm less, do more mistakes, and increase your chances to lose. The best solution is to get motivated until the opponents get your Nexus. And you can't win 100% of your games Wink so make sure to find positive things in losing a game Smile

Step 4 : Good mood.
  League of Legends is a game. A game, is about having fun. NO WAY to stress and to take insults... Come on, we are here to play :)All you need is to play when you really want to play. And you must NEVER FLAME !! And, actually, if you want to raise, you just need to never tell your opinion to other random players. You dislike what somebody picks ? You dislike what summoner spells he takes ? You dislike how he gave the fist blood ?? Just shut up and... and shut up :)It is not important. You must count on you, your skills, your mood, your ability to carry, your fun, your farm, your own practice... Do not count on others and NEVER say your opinion.
  Take music, /ignore all the 9 players with who you play your soloQ, and just enjoy the game :)Do your game by your own ! Enjoy yourself lol. To not ruine your psychologic condition, I advise you to play ranked session and not just one ranked game : decide "ok, today I play 7 ranked in a row". Just do it. And then you can see the result of your session : 2 wins / 5 lose, 3 wins / 4 lose, 4 wins / 3 lose.... or maybe 7 wins / 0 lose ?? Very Happy
  Just never play ranked when you're on a bad mood or when you don't really want to play.

Step 5 : Carry.
  You need to take (when it's possible) champions who can bring you to the victory. That doesn't mean you just have to play Fizz or Ahri. You can carry with a Nami Support, depending of how you understand the word "carry".
  You need to be aware of League of Legends objectives. Gold => Push => Nexus => Win. When you are a solo-top, it is not enough to just farm farm and win your lane... You must see the global game vision and to see where to go to take objectives faster. You see the ennemy mid back to base ?? Push top, go mid, take turret :Djust simple example.

Step 6 : Don't be greedy !
  Not only about kills !!! You just need to NEVER be greedy. To lose 20sec for a chase can lose you a game, seriously. Also, when you got 7 victories in a row... just stop ! Useless to play too much ^^

Now just go to think about yourself. Take all those points, and think deeply about points that, inside yourself, you KNOW you are not so powerful as you can, sometimes, imagine. Work on it.

Good luck and have fun !!

Last edited by DarthAl on 29th October 2013, 13:29; edited 1 time in total
DarthAl
DarthAl
Admin

http://silverhopeproject.topiceo.com

Back to top Go down

How to get out of "Elo Hell" in 6 steps Empty Re: How to get out of "Elo Hell" in 6 steps

Post by Cast 24th October 2013, 19:42

Also, never ever blame your team-mates. Your in "elo hell" because you're meant to be there. This game is about mindset and realising your mistakes and preventing the mistakes. The only person you should be criticising is YOURSELF.
Cast
Cast

Back to top Go down

How to get out of "Elo Hell" in 6 steps Empty Re: How to get out of "Elo Hell" in 6 steps

Post by Raenef 24th October 2013, 20:10

wait about troller who intentional are feeding or guys who go afk ^^
Raenef
Raenef

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthAl 24th October 2013, 21:20

Simple maths stats...
50% of them are in your team, 50% of them in opponent team. Stop to think that you always got the worst players with you..
DarthAl
DarthAl
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenef 25th October 2013, 04:05

i didnt say that i just responded to cast

and there is the mathematical probability that u could have such guys in a row

(i know if u play a lot of games u should have good and bad ones like 50%)
Raenef
Raenef

Back to top Go down

Post by TT SCHUNDER 25th October 2013, 05:31

actually not as if you are a good player its 4 places left for trollers in your team but 5 for the enemy so you should have good cards Very Happy except if u play like schunder Sad then you should just slice your wrists x.x

TT SCHUNDER

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenef 25th October 2013, 06:11

I meant if u have a leaverin ur game ur not allowed toblame him?
Raenef
Raenef

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthAl 25th October 2013, 06:35

Raenef wrote:I meant if u have a leaverin ur game ur not allowed toblame him?
I just mean that ONE game is not important. It's useless to blame or depress because of ONE game. People need to get a long-term vision of ratio instead of crying about getting one leaver. When the leaver in the opponent team, you just say "oh, cool, free win" and forget it 15min later...

When you got a leaver in your team, you must just think 2 things :
1- "Well, whatever, I get leavers in opponent team sometimes so..."
2- "Ok lets pratice how to tryhard and how to never give up Very Happy" Remember that 4v5 doesn't mean that you will 100% lose.
DarthAl
DarthAl
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ThatOnePikachu 25th October 2013, 10:29

I've actually never or maybe once had a leaver on the enemy team, for some reason it just happens in my team, usually the support who didn't want to support.

But ye :p
ThatOnePikachu
ThatOnePikachu

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthAl 25th October 2013, 10:41

ThatOnePikachu wrote:I've actually never or maybe once had a leaver on the enemy team, for some reason it just happens in my team, usually the support who didn't want to support.

But ye :p
No it's a lie to yourself.
Brain just selects the bad experiences and remember.

Take a table on word, do 100 ranked, note the AFK, feeders, DC, trolls... you will see that you will get as much feeders, AFK and DC on your team as you do on opponent team.

EDIT : You played only 72 soloQ Laughing Laughing so of course I can believe you got 1 DC in opponent team and maybe 2 or 3 in your team.... But re-read my thread, it works on longterm.

If you play 2 ranked, you got 2 DC in your team, and then say "OMG I GOT 100% DC IN MY TEAM" when you played only 2 ranked, it's ridiculous. True, but ridiculous Very Happy
DarthAl
DarthAl
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ThatOnePikachu 25th October 2013, 10:57

I might have forgotten about some I guess, but I've had atleast 10 games on my side with intentional feeders and leavers. And only once or twice on enemy team as what I remember.

I know it's as likely, even more likely for it to happen on the enemy team. But I think I'm just an unlucky guy :p or just very forgetful.
ThatOnePikachu
ThatOnePikachu

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthAl 25th October 2013, 10:59

ThatOnePikachu wrote:or just very forgetful.
I think you're near the truth Very Happy

Do a test, if you want, do a table on Word and note the stats of every single game. After 100 games see the result, you will see Smile
DarthAl
DarthAl
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ThatOnePikachu 25th October 2013, 14:37

100 games doe :p, but ye I can try keep track of it starting next ranked I play.
ThatOnePikachu
ThatOnePikachu

Back to top Go down

Post by Cast 26th October 2013, 18:27

Going on tilt is a big reason why people lose games, because you may have trollers or afkers, but you have to realise the other team gets them too, and statistically they will have more trolls assuming you are NOT a troll. You have to play for fun and concentrate on yourself, you WILL raise.
Cast
Cast

Back to top Go down

Post by TT SCHUNDER 27th October 2013, 08:33

Carried a 2 vs 5 once ^^

TT SCHUNDER

Back to top Go down

Post by w33d Hatest 28th October 2013, 16:42

''Also, when you got 7 victories in a row... just stop ! Useless to play too much ^^''
This is what I get last month 7 victories and after that i get 5 looses in a row. Very Happy
w33d Hatest
w33d Hatest

http://w33dhatest.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by maguster 31st October 2013, 17:48

i have experience that playing nasus is a great way of getting out of elohell his stacking on his q gives him great damage and his natural tankyness also his kit is very forgiving in terms of positiong and engaging so if you farm your q a bit you can easely carry games Very Happy hope i helped just a little bit

maguster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down