Silver Hope Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Art of LoL

2 posters

Go down

The Art of LoL Empty The Art of LoL

Post by Dan the mang 4th November 2013, 15:47

Wassup people, i got something interesting for you. First of all: do you like reading? if yes then keep on reading this post, if no then still keep on reading this post.

Anybody here heard of Sun Tzu? or at least "The Art of War" written by him? If not then i suggest you do some research on it because he basically wrote the entire philosophy of war in 13 chapters. This book has been adapted to today's "wars" or competition. Some politics and economics books are based on the Art of War and it's even used in team games.

Sparked your interest? Well, it's not very practical in league of legends, BUT (and this is a huge BUTTTT) it helps getting into the mindset of WINNING. It describes everything you need to know about warfare. It helps your way of thinking, but don't get obsessed by it. Think of playing league like a formula: to make decisions, you need accurate information. Information comes from research, but you need to remember everything (from jungle paths to champion strenghts, weaknesses etc) so experience comes in here. Also very important: reflection on experience is what makes you learn. This has been told to me by good lecturers at my uni and they are right. Conclusion: do research (read various stuff about league), read the Art of War cause it's awesome and keep playing. And as always, custom games for csing!

If you wish to read the book, you can do so here http://suntzusaid.com (it also has a little description on some parts if it's too vague)
There is also a nice youtuber who makes vids to help league players improve and made an art of league series (9 vids so far). https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLw4un9DpP5lQKebvlPzfI1yMYoRjJ_x61 this is the playlist if you prefer watching videos. KEEP IN MIND HE IS GIVING MORE SOLO QUEUE TIPS, HE WASN'T VERY GOOD A FEW MONTHS AGO AND ALSO DON'T TAKE ANYTHING FOR GRANTED. TRUTH IS RELATIVE. BEST THING YOU COULD DO IS DISCUSS STUFF WITH COACHES CAUSE REFLECTION HELPS YOU LEARN HUEHUE (EDIT: he gets better at the videos in 3rd vid, but 2nd vid is really important to listen to)
Dan the mang
Dan the mang

Back to top Go down

The Art of LoL Empty Re: The Art of LoL

Post by Conker 6th November 2013, 07:42

I have heard a lot of recommendations of this book before and I have totally forgot it existed. I think I will go to the bookstore today and pick it up, thanks for the tip!
Conker
Conker

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum